Creating the bar…

As a last minute project, we decided to create a bar out of some leftover wood. We used quite a simple design, and measured as we went along with help from Mick. We used hinges in order for the bar to be able to move, and added supporting legs which held the structure together. We painted it with a base of an orangey, tangerine colour and then went over with a mahogany style effect using a paintbrush. It was mostly Jess who worked on the bar and I think it looked really effective in the end. Annie added some black diamonds onto the sides for a patterned look, and finally we glazed the whole thing to make it look shiny and realistic.

IMG_0354 IMG_0421

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s